Thursday, August 16, 2012

No friends? No problem.

I just came home from school orientation, and....


I am NOT happy.
I go in there all happy, okay? I didn't plan on searching for my friends because we were about to start. I tell my parents who my homeroom teacher is. The principal shows the changes the school has made, and where you can drop and pick up your children. Since my mother recently bought a big ask car, (Yes, I meant to put 'ask' to sensor bad language) I wanted to show her where she should drop me off for school, so she won't knock off any cones or anything. You know, because my mother is terrible at driving, and I have no idea why she got a big ask car. But she tells me to be quiet. So remember this, if she knocks down any cones and makes an embarrassment of herself, it will not be my fault or problem. 

Then the principal dismisses us, so we can go to our homerooms and have the teacher give her/his introduction. In my case, my homeroom teacher a she, her, or whatever. I come inside the classroom. Students have an option to sit down in their assigned seats, or stand up in the back with their parents. Since NONE  of my friends are in my class, I wanted to stand up. But no! My parents wanted me to sit in my desk like all the other students because they think it's required, so I sit. I only talk to around two people in that class because I seriously just dislike a lot of people, or they're to smart for me. Whichever one. 

After a few minutes, the teacher comes up to the front and tells everyone to shut up. Well, she didn't tell everyone to shut up. She said to settle down and be quiet, so I'm one of the people who's sitting like a quiet turtle. But some people kept on chatting as if they're a talk show host or something. Then the teacher asks the class if anyone is excited for the school year. I quietly say no, but she heard me and acted like it was normal for us to not be excited. She tells us why she wanted to be a math teacher and explains what the papers on our desk are. When she finishes, she said that we could pick out our lockers. 

When teachers say you can pick out your lockers, it becomes The Hunger Games bloodbath at the cornucopia. Everyone immediately aims for the middle lockers because those are the best ones, so that means bottom locker for me...again. We left the classroom to purchase myself a jacket in the uniform store. I decided to ride with my dad afterwards because he drives quicker than my mother. Once I get inside his car, he lectures me on how I was too loud and used too much sarcasm. Then he said I wasn't going to make any friends this year. How supportive.

--

So now I'm back home, and my mother is lecturing me as well. Saying that I'm not going to make any friends, so I should transfer classes. I told her no because that's just weak, and I already chose my locker. THAT is what I'm angry about. 

--

Friends aren't going to get you into a good college or a successful life because once you're out of high school, you'll be friends with everyone you hated. For example, you're 21 and you moved to a different place, and you see someone from high school at Starbucks or something. "Hey didn't you go to..." "Yeah, you're -insert name-, right?" BOOM. Insta-friendship. 

Feels good to let things out. Now, I'm just blank faced.

Thanks for actually reading this long post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top