Monday, August 13, 2012

London 2012 Olympics Closing Ceremony

I do not own this photo. Obviously, I have to get one off google because I didn't attend the ceremony in person.
I'm watching the replay as I blog, but I'll add in my first impression from this morning too! The whole performance was full of English modern and old school artists. Emeli Sandé performs 'Read all about it' first, and it's such a perfect beginning. Everything was covered in newspaper, filled with English literature.  Oh, and Timothy Spall was dressed as Winston Churchill quoting lines of Shakespeare. It was so legit. As you can see, my vocabulary is terrible right now. Excuse that. It's what happens when I watch something this intense.

Then Madness performed the most catchiest song ever, 'Our House.' That song is my jam! Pet Shop Boys performed 'West End Girls.' Afterwards, One Direction sang 'What Makes you Beautiful.' I'm not a Directioner or anything, but it's one of the songs that I actually like, so round of applause for them! The largest member amount for Stomp comes in, and they just owned it! 

People from all over the world pour in, representing their country which was just an intense moment, and it deserves some snaps for being amazing. USA's hat's...I want one, oh my word, haha!! A choir of a hundred people sing 'Imagine' and they form John Lennon's face from a top angle. Impressive.

George Michael performs 'Freedom,' and you can just taste the freedom in the song, okay? Okay. The Kaiser Chiefs perform 'Pinball Wizard' by The Who. Then fancy clothed people come in looking fierce, fabulous, and flawless. A skeletal ship moves in, and Annie Lennox performs 'Little Bird.' Ed Sheeran performs a song by Pink Floyd, 'Wish you were here.' He deserves a glass raise! Russel Brand comes in on top of a bus which turns into a giant octopus in which I need to have one for myself because....well, who doesn't want one? 

Jessie J performs 'Price Tag' which at one moment in my life was the only song I chose to listen to. Then my forever jam came on which was Tinie Tempah singing 'Written In The Stars.' Taio Cruz sings the song of my favorite Summer ever, Dynamite. Summer 2010 for the win! Dynamite was my cousin and I's dishwashing song! All three famous artists performed 'You should be Dancing.'

Spice Girls sing 'Wannabe' which was also the song of my Summer 2010. They also sing 'Spice up your Life.' The Spice Girls do not age! Beady Eye performs 'Wonderwall,' and everyone in the crowd is waving whatever they have in their hands, phones, flags, and whatever else. Eric Idle sings a up to date version of 'Always Look on the Bright side of Life' which I need to get on my iTune Library! The nuns, omg. (See! Terrible vocabulary!) 

Freddie Mercury sings on the big screen! The effects, oh my word. I can't even, and the guitar solo after him. That. was. fierce.'We will Rock you.' was one of the most glorious parts ever! The Olympic Anthem was sung by a male choir, and the Brazilian anthem played too. They also showed some things of Rio's culture and what not. I guess they're trying to get you excited for Rio 2016. Well guess what? THAT is absolute torture. Why? We all have to wait four flipping years until then. It was pretty fierce though! 

Well done, London, well done.

--

The flame lit up the world, but they must extinguish it....for now.

Rio 2016 is on our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to top